Thursday, May 17, 2012

TItle and Deed (guest review) *

(Please click on the title to read the entire review.)
Having found Will Eno's Thom Pain (based on nothing) deadly and Middletown deadly dull, I decided to pass on his new play now in previews at the Signature Theatre. A report from MH, whose reaction is often similar to mine, testifies to the wisdom of my decision. She writes: "Knowing you were not a big fan of Thom Pain, I thought I might save you more Pain by warning you about the new Eno at the Signature -- a one-man 90-minute yawnfest. I rather like one-handers if there's a plot or a lot of intriguing characters. This one starts off amiably enough, then wanders into an existential meditation on -- I don't know exactly -- life, where we are, why, ... then I fell asleep. The actor [Conor Lovett] is amiable also, but lacks the Gaelic charm which might make the material compelling. You have been warned!"

No comments:

Post a Comment